Welcome to UK Forces Support.
Registered with HMRC for Charities
UK Forces Support is a non-political charity whose aim is to support members of the British Armed Forces and their families. We do this by sending care parcels to troops, and offering support to their families back home whilst their loved ones are deployed to theatre.
UK Forces Support will help our troops in other ways too. By liaising closely with the MOD and the guys on the ground, we can look towards providing our troops with support wherever they feel it is most needed.
Whilst our primary aim is to support our troops who are deployed to theatre, UK Forces Support aim to support our injured troops and ex servicemen and women too.
Patron. Linda Nolan
UK Forces support would like to welcome Linda Nolan as our Patron. Linda says:
“I am very pleased to be asked to become Patron for UK Forces Support. I really appreciate what the armed forces are doing and to help in any way is a pleasure for me”
Many will remember Linda from her famous family sister act “The Nolans” whose, “I’m in the mood for dancing” got everyone to their feet. Linda is very busy with her solo career these days, although promises to support and promote us wherever possible.
We would like to thank Linda for becoming our Patron.
At UK Forces Support. We promise to our troops high quality parcels throughout the year in order to help boost their morale whilst serving overseas on operational duties.
We also offer moral support to their families back home via our discussion forum. We understand that it can be quite difficult for families to watch their loved ones go off to a war zone. Many of us have gone through the, not eating, sleeping and unable to concentrate through worry.
Although no one can change the situation, we can try to help you through your loved ones tour as much as possible. We have learned that through chatting to other families in similar situations, you realise that you are not alone. Our discussion forum will help you to meet other families who understand what you are going through, and they will be able to share their experiences and tell you how they got through their loved ones tours. We also have a dedicated team of volunteers who are only an email or telephone call away should you wish to privately.
UK Forces Support, will liaise closely with the MOD and BFPO in order to help reduce unsolicited mail. We have a set parcel allocation and stick to it. This ensures that all our troops receive care parcels and the BFPO system does not get overwhelmed. By donating through UK Forces Support, we can make sure that your parcels and donations go exactly where they are needed.
We hope you enjoy visiting our site, whether you have loved ones serving or not. we welcome your support.
How you can help
There are many ways in which you can support our troops. Here are just a few:
- Sponsor a parcel. When sponsoring a parcel we estimate £5 will buy plenty of goodies. We will purchase parcel items on your behalf and send them off to our troops.
- Letters and Cards. We encourage letters of support, or even cards with get-well messages for the injured. All will be included in the parcels and sent out on your behalf.
- Fundraising. You and your friends can do fundraising events on our behalf; however, you must register these with us. You can do this via the 'contact us' page.
- Handmade cards. Cards are a great way for our troops to get those special messages back home and we will include handmade cards in the parcels. Should you wish to support this way, we must ask that your cards are no bigger than the average sized shoebox and placed in cellophane bags. We also ask that you donate no more than 20 cards per month due to the high level of support we get.
- Corporate Sponsorship. We welcome Corporate Sponsorship from businesses large and small. Funds from these will assist with the upkeep and administration side of the charity unless requested otherwise by the sponsor.